- In order to ensure high standards of Health & Safety all members are asked to adhere to the following rules…
It is a legal requirement to always carry your Equines passport when travelling to any event. We require all horses to be up to date with their annual Equine Influenza Vaccinations
At our events, passport & visual horse health checks will be carried out on the day until such a time it is deemed no longer necessary.
- Headcams are permitted to be worn at riders own risk.
- All riders must wear approved standard hat whilst mounted and behave in a responsible manner. Please note that riders are advised to check that their hat meets current standards.
- All riders under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- All horses must be in a fit condition either well shod, wear appropriate horse hoof boots or, if barefoot, hooves in good condition to carry out the work expected of them.
- Tack must be in a safe condition and the horse must wear a conventional bridle. This includes bitless bridles as long as the rider confident that they are in control of their horse. This is for insurance purposes.
- Minimum age of participating horses is 4 years without exception. Participating horses should also be ridden and not in hand.
- Riders must be covered by their own third party insurance and sign a disclaimer. Proof of valid third party insurance must be provided with membership. If renewal is within the season then it is the responsibility of the rider to provide proof of this renewal before subsequent ride events.
- Club tabards to be worn during the ride over the top of outer clothing so the numbers can be seen, and to be worn only by the member they are issued to.
- Riders must slow to a walk when approaching other riders from behind and warn them of their intention to pass.
- Riders must show consideration to pedestrians and other road users. Riders must stay on the path/track and not stray onto farmer’s land or cross privately maintained grass/lawn/verges.
The committee reserves the right to penalise any members for breaking ANY of the above rules.